For many serious injuries, surgery may be a necessary solution. When it comes to after surgery, it is extremely important to receive the best aftercare. Physical therapy, otherwise known as post-operative rehabilitation, is a great way to help with the recovery and healing process, especially after a major surgery. There are usually three stages in post-operative rehabilitation, which involve the following:
- Immediately after a surgery, the body is usually immobilized as you go through the basic healing process. During this stage, the swelling will go down and the initial pain from the surgery will start to settle.
- The second stage is where we come in and can start the post-operative rehabilitation planning and process. Our physical therapist will work closely with you to determine the best plan that involves progressive exercises, which will help strengthen the body, restore your range of motion, and improve stability.
- With time, you will be able to return to your normal daily activities, which is our ultimate goal that we focus on when it comes to post-operative rehabilitation.
If you have had surgery or are planning to have surgery, it is important that you contact our team to learn more about post-operative rehabilitation. Post-operative rehabilitation in Los Angeles is a highly effective form of physical therapy that will help you get back to where you need to be. Contact our team to schedule a consultation with our highly experienced post-operative rehabilitation specialist in Los Angeles!
Benefits of Post-Operative Rehabilitation
There are many benefits of post-operative rehabilitation, including:
- Proper healing and a faster recovery time
- Regain mobility
- Increases overall health
- Improves circulation after surgery, preventing blood clots
- Posture, coordination, and balance training and improvement
- Self-care training
- Manual therapy exercises
- Home exercises techniques
- Pain control and management
- Improves flexibility and stability
To learn more about how our physical therapist in Los Angeles can help with your healing and reduce risks of complications, contact us today to schedule a consultation!